Digital Artist passionate for all crafts CG. Although modeling has been my primary focus, I'm also enthusiastic about texturing, rendering/look development, rigging, animating, effects, and any other technical challenge that is thrown my way. Problem solving is the name of the game!
I have been working with digital 3D programs for over 20 years. Professional experience includes dozens of contract jobs, full-time lead positions, and over 7000 contact hours teaching the CG arts in college atmospheres.
Modeler, Look Developer, Texturer, Renderer, Effects'er, and all around doer for all things needed for high end commercial projects.
Pipeline includes Maya, Modo, Substance, V-Ray, and Nuke for standard projects and adds Unreal for our VR Development.
Instructor: Game Art and Design / Media Arts and Animation departments.
(Adjunct April 2004 - June 2008, July 2015 - present; Full-Time July 2008 to July 2015 - Portland, OR)
• Taught 14 unique classes covering topics including: computer science, game pipeline, introduction to 3D arts, 3D modeling, texturing, animation, rigging, and post production.
• Restructured the entire 3D modeling program by reworking the 3 existing modeling classes and creating 4 more to add the program.
• Designed and taught 4 classes (Game Production Pipeline, Advanced Modeling, Vehicle Modeling, Ecorche) from scratch that were added to the program.
• Worked with modeling students from their entry into the program through completion including portfolio creation and review and independent study sessions.
• Held permanent position in the Faculty Council Committee as the lead spokesperson for the Game Art and Media Arts departments.
• Worked with the department creating guidelines to streamline the student centered experience and avoid overlap in classes thereby allowing more advanced content into the program.
• Ran Open House and College Connection events to generate interest and foster excitement in prospective students.
• Created the quarterly class and faculty schedule for the Game Art, Media Arts, Visual Game Programming, and Visual Effect departments.
• Worked with a diverse population of students, including international students and disabled students.
• 2011 Faculty of the Year as chosen by the student body.
Adjunct Instructor of 3D Classes. (March 2007 to present - Portland, OR)
• Restructured the 3D (Maya) program upon being hired.
• Designed and taught 5 classes: Introduction to 3D, 3D Modeling, 3D Texturing, 3D Rigging and Animation, and 3D Special Topics.
• Recruited 2 additional teachers to instruct the 3D classes as the program become too popular to sustain one instructor.
• Worked with a diverse population of students, including international, racially diverse, and disabled students.
• Led team of artists towards creation of 3D commercial projects.
• Created art, checked and critiqued the team’s art, and problem solved the 3D pipeline
• Self-Employed Sole Proprietor of digital arts company.
• Worked with and for clients delivering digital art projects according to their needs.
• Clients included: Nike, Intel, Umpqua Bank, Big Giant, Idaho Power, Centura Group, Cell Motion Productions, and more.